1. Dr Ganesh Ingavle and Mr Nikhil Shinde, alongwith other members of SSBS won the prestigious Cricket tournament organized under Symbiosis Sports Fest 2022-2023. Mr Nikhil Shinde was awarded the man of the match for his brilliant performance in the final.
1. The Department of Biotechnology (DBT) has also recommended project proposal entitled “Investigating the role of Polycomb group (PcG) proteins in regulating Epithelial Mesenchymal transition (EMT) & fibrotic genes in endometrium of women with stage III-IV endometriosis BT/PR43135/MED/97/609/2021” for funding of Rs. 51.75 lakhs for 3 years. s (PI: Dr. Prasad Pethe and Co-PI: Dr. Vaijayanti Kale, Dr Anuradha Vaidya, Dr Prasad Bhanap, Dr Sneha Deokar).
2. Ms Shalmali Pendse presented a poster entitled “Extracellular vesicles isolated from CoCl2 treated mesenchymal stromal cells regulate the fate of hematopoietic stem cells in vitro” at the 20th Annual meeting of International Society for Stem Cell Research (ISSCR) held from 15th -18th June 2022 in San Francisco, USA.
3. Ms Pallavi Budgude presented a poster titled "p38 MAPK signaling suppression in Mesenchymal Stromal Cell induce secretion of Microvesicles and Exosomes that differentially regulate Hematopoietic Stem Cell function" on 17th June 2022 virtually at the 20th Annual meeting of International Society for Stem Cell Research (ISSCR) held from 15th -18th June 2022 in San Francisco, USA.
4. Congratulations to Dr Vaijayanti Kale for being appointed as a member of the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) research committee in the area of “Animal Science and Biotechnology”. The committee is set up to evaluate, assess and recommend the new and on-going projects for their continuation.
5. Congratulations to Ms Pallvi Budgude for being one of the best 100 Popular Science Stories under Ph.D. Category with a prize of ₹10,000/- along with Certificate of Appreciation. Story title “Dawn of the Stem Cells: From Rejuvenation to Regeneration".
2. Congratulations to Mr Nikhil Shinde for being awarded the Man of the Match in the final match of the “Symbiosis Premier League” held on 28th November 2021 at the Symbiosis Hill Top Cricket ground.
3. Congratulations to Dr Ganesh Ingavle on being Elected as Fellow of the prestigious Maharashtra Academy of Sciences (MASc), Life Sciences discipline
4. Congratulations to Dr Ganesh Ingavle for being appointed as Review Editor of Frontiers in Biomaterials Science
5. Congratulations to Dr Anuradha Vaidya for being appointed as Research Topic “Rejuvenation of Aging Adult Stem Cells to Improve their Regenerative Potential” Editor For Frontiers in Cell & Developmental Biology
6. Congratulations to Dr Prasad Pethe for being appointed as Research Topic Editor “Polycomb group (PcG) proteins in Development and Disease” For Frontiers in Cell & Developmental Biology
7. Congratulations for getting recommendation for funding by DBT & SIU
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT) sanctioned project proposal entitled “Investigating the osteogenic potential of extracellular vesicles loaded injectable hydrogels” for funding of Rs. 36.50 lakhs for three years. This project will develop injectable hydrogels to investigate the osteogenic potential of stem cell-derived extracellular vesicles (EVs) for bone tissue repair (PI: Dr. Ganesh Ingavle, Co-PI’s: Dr. Vaijayanti Kale and Dr. Prasad Pethe).
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT) sanctioned proposal entitled “Investigating the role of histone deubiquitinases in human pluripotent stem cell differentiation” for funding of Rs. 33.32 lakhs for a period of 2 years. Results of this study will help us understand the role of histone deubiquitinases during lineage specification in human ES cells (PI: Dr. Prasad Pethe and Co-PI: Dr. Vaijayanti Kale)
Neuronal regeneration using extra cellular vesicles isolated from murine bone marrow derived mesenchymal stromal cells: An in vitro study using cell model. Funded by Symbiosis International University (2020-2022, 10 lakhs)PI – Dr. Anuradha Vaidya.
Congratulations to Dr. Vaijayanti Kale for being invited as a Member of the Expert Group constituted by CSIR, GOI by CSIR, Govt of India